Jun 12, 2018
DAVENPORT, Iowa – Per Mar Security Services, a leading provider of total security solutions for residential and commercial clients based in Davenport, IA, received the prestigious “Five Diamond Certification” from The Monitoring Association again this year. Five Diamond Certification is granted to monitoring centers that meet the five points of excellence.
Brian Duffy, President of the Electronic Security Division, said, “We consider it essential to earn the TMA Five Diamond Certified status-operating our own monitoring center allows us to control the quality of this critical life safety function, and we rely on benchmarking and certifications to be sure we are delivering top quality service.”
The five points of excellence are:
- Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL.
- Commitment to the highest levels of customer service.
- Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100% of its central station operators certified using TMA online training series.
- Commitment to raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities.
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
TMA Five Diamond designation means, in particular, that Per Mar has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Operators serve as the life-saving link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas. TMA Monitoring Center Operator course covers virtually all phases of monitoring center communications with customers, police, fire and emergency services communications centers. In order to achieve the Five Diamond designation, each and every operator must not only pass the course, but demonstrate:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
There are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that communicate and interact with police, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than two hundred monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation, setting Per Mar apart.
The Monitoring Association (TMA), formerly Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), is a non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies, which are listed by a TMA-approved national testing laboratory.
About Per Mar Security Services
Established in 1953, Per Mar Security Services is the largest family-owned, full-service security company in the Midwest with more than 2,400 team members, operating in 22 branch locations and 19 satellite locations. The company provides full-service security solutions for homes and businesses including security officer services, smart home automation, burglar and fire alarms, access control, security cameras, alarm monitoring, investigative services and background checks. For more information about Per Mar Security Services, please visit permarsecurity.com.