Mar 19, 2021
If your number one goal is to be profitable, your number two goal is probably loss prevention. That’s because your business can’t afford to lose assets, time or money due to theft and vandalism. Introducing intelligent video monitoring with video verification for your business and the simple case for it.
Then vs. Now
In the past, video monitoring options were limited to surveillance
camera recordings where footage was viewed after the fact. Now, the Internet of
Things has allowed for invaluable advancements in protecting your business.
Intelligent video monitoring expands security coverage on your property to proactively deter crime (stopping losses before they happen), detect crime in real-time and respond quickly. Let’s explore how.
Intelligent Video Monitoring Steps
- Deter | Strategically placed camera visuals act as crime deterrents in and of themselves. This way, the business owner and the Alarm Monitoring Center are able to view critical areas at all times to help deter crime.
- Detect | The proper placement is beneficial not only to deter criminal activity but also to capture intruders in the act. When an event triggers your intelligent video technology, live video goes directly to the Alarm Monitoring Center where actual employees (not AI) view unauthorized access in real-time. Thanks to video alarm verification, the Alarm Monitoring Center attempts to verify the emergency with you, the designated business contact, within seconds. You can also receive this real-time footage on your smartphone or other web-enabled devices.
- Respond | If there is a real threat (a verified emergency), the Alarm Monitoring Center agents will dispatch the authorities immediately, directing them to the exact location of the event. They can also explain what they’re seeing via your live surveillance video while the police are en route to your location.
More On False Alarms & True, Verified Emergencies
False alarms are the reason verified emergencies have become critical in the security landscape. Due to the drain on their resources, some police departments will now only respond to verified emergency calls. Others will give priority response to verified video alarms.
Intelligent video monitoring introduces a human element to ensure that the alarm trigger wasn’t due to error, human or otherwise (i.e. employees struggling to set or disarm the alarm, animals hanging out in your parking lot, etc.). Not only that, when it’s a true crime, you now have documented evidence of criminal incidences if needed.
False alarms are also a drain on business resources due to fines and penalties, so it’s truly in everyone’s best interest to have your alarms monitored and verified.
The Type of Detail Verified & Conveyed to the Authorities
Alarm Monitoring Center professionals can convey to the police as they are responding 1) what type of emergency and 2) its exact location. This ensures a higher safety measure for you (quicker response times and increased likelihood of capture) and more efficient use of the city’s resources.
You May Already Have The Necessary Equipment
This affordable solution uses your existing surveillance cameras and infrastructure. Additionally, your video camera system itself is automatically monitored. So, if your cameras are malfunctioning or being tampered with, the Alarm Monitoring Center is notified immediately. These types of cost-effective, hardware health measures are imperative for the businesses of today.
If your business is not already set up for video monitoring, our professional installers will meticulously scan your property to design and install security cameras in the most strategic locations for your protection. Combining security services helps further deter crime, so it’s suggested to complement intelligent video monitoring with security officers (Integrated Security), card access control (keyless entry) and mobile patrol (depending on the size of your campus).
What to Look for In an Alarm Monitoring Center & Who Is Monitoring Your Cameras
Per Mar’s 24/7 UL-Listed, Five Diamond Certified Alarm Monitoring Center has been rated one of the top in the country. Of the 2,700+ central stations in the U.S., fewer than 200 have achieved the Five Diamond Certified status, which requires every operator to have passed the course AND demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory
- Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
We’ve been the experts in security solutions since 1953, protecting thousands of homes and businesses. Additionally, our top-notch Alarm Monitoring Center is always on call. You’ve worked hard for what you have, let us work hard to protect it. Contact us for a free security review of your business. We’d love the opportunity to work with you!