The Importance of Employee Background Checks, Part II
April 13, 2021
In going back to our first employee background checks blog from 2017, we noticed the need for some updated information given the temperature of current times. But first, be sure to refresh yourself on the top six reasons for your business to conduct professional background checks and then continue reading Part II.
- Courthouses are closed due to the pandemic, so gaining access to records on your own can be challenging.
- Turnaround times are often stalled for the same reason.
- We have a direct line to our partners, who are in regular contact.
- Reaching references can be cumbersome.
- Constantly changing pre-employment screening laws can lead to mistakes.
- Class action lawsuits for FCRA violations are on the rise.
- You want to hire the best candidates to help grow your business (not destroy it) during these especially trying times.
- Criminal records
- Drug use (click here to learn more about pre-employment drug testing)
- Sex offenders
- Driver’s license history
- Credit report changes
- Employment, education and reference verification
- Potential employees/job applicants
- Gig workers
The good news is that you don’t have to go it alone. Our customer-oriented background researchers offer personal attention and quick response times. Working together, we come up with a program that fits your needs based on outcomes that matter to you. And, we can do so based on nearly any business size or number of employees (remote or in-office) at a budget that works for your business. Essentially, we’re an extension of your Human Resources department, adhering to all of the proper guidelines (federal, state FCRA, EEOC).
Why not schedule a consultation with us at no charge? After all, you still have a business to run and employees, vendors and other visitors who need to be protected. Taking that first step could ensure everyone at your facility is Per Mar protected!