Security AlertSecurity Alert
Per Mar has received numerous warnings in several of our branch locations that security contractor scams are back again this summer. These door-to-door salespeople are falsely representing themselves as Per Mar employees and are using deceptive tactics to get you to switch your service. In most cases, the customer unknowingly ends up with two security agreements with two different companies. In order to protect yourself and your family, Per Mar wants you to be aware of some of the tactics you might encounter:
- A salesperson shows up at your house, unannounced, and says they are from Per Mar Security Services.
- This person may offer to upgrade your existing security system.
- There may be a certain number of "free" systems being offered only in your neighborhood.
- There might even be mention that Per Mar is going out of business.
As always, we urge you to exercise caution and follow your instincts. If you must answer the door, take the following steps to ensure you're always dealing with a reputable alarm professional:
- Know that Per Mar professionals will never show up without first making an appointment.
- Ask for an ID badge, business card or company literature.
- Ask for an employee ID number, and where applicable, a state security license number.
Never hesitate to contact us at 800-473-7627 before making any decisions concerning the security of your home or business.